PAINT THIS: Stir Stick Wreath
Paint-enthusiasts, DIYers, and Holiday Crafters alike will love this stir stick wreath design! Raid your garage or workshop for the repurposed materials needed to make this colorful wreath that will last for many seasons to come.
What you will need:
- 10-12 paint stir sticks
- 2 quarts of paint – we chose Miller Premium Eggshell Green Glow | 0788 and Frog Green | 0779
- 2 foam brushes
- Hot glue gun
- Sharpie marker
- Cardboard and 5-gal bucket for tracing
- Cloth bow or ribbon
1. Trace a circle on a piece of cardboard with a marker that is the size of the wreath you want. We used a 5 gallon bucket.
2. Find the center between the vertical lines and mark with a pin or nail. Measure the length from the nail to the edge of the arch. This is radius of the circle that will become the arch. In our design, our radius is 21”.
3. With the foam brushes, paint the sticks as desired. We chose a two-toned design using Miller Premium Eggshell Green Glow | 0788 and Frog Green | 0779 for more depth and interest. Let dry.
4. Once dry, reassemble the wreath, using the hot glue to secure the sticks. Work slowly and watch your spacing as you go around. Attach a bow and hang. Happy Holidays!